It’s contest time! The ArcheAge team would love to see your concepts and put them into ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained. We would like you to design a costume concept under the theme of the “Akasch”! While their specific appearance isn’t well known, you’ve certainly seen their evil, powerthirsty influence in places like the Ipnysh Sanctuary. These towering ancient beings had tails and preferred Geometric structures in their architecture, but other than being roughly 3 times the size of your average adventurer there isn’t much more that we’ve learned about them.
However, beginning September 4th the team wants to see your intepretations and creations of this theme in the form of a Costume!
What do I have to do?
Design a costume under the theme of the “Akasch”, it can be to look similar to them or channel the power of them. Either way, your costume has to look awesome for a chance to win. Our preferred medium is through drawings but it is your choice whether it’s on paper or digital art. A front and back of the costume are preferred, other angles certainly are a bonus! Once your costume concept is designed, submit your design idea here! The team will review each drawing and select winners.
What can I win?
There is a little something for everyone. The first prize winner of this contest will have their Costume put into ArcheAge with their name on it and 10000 Credits! As the winner, you’ll receive your costume on a character of your choice on ArcheAge or ArcheAge: Unchained once it’s been created. Our second-place winner will receive 5000 Credits, third place will receive 1500 Credits, and all other entrants will receive an Admin’s Candy as a thank you for participating.
What are the Rules?
– All costume designs must be of the theme of the ‘Akasch’ and have a front and back view of the concept.
– All entries must be a digital drawing or drawing on paper of the costume design
– All entries must be posted to the forum thread here during the event period of September 4th and September 23rd at 11:59 UTC.
– You can enter as many times as you like, but you can only receive one reward.
– Please follow our Code of Conduct and Terms of Service (no nudity, racism, etc.)
Anything else to note?
The winning costume design will be created by XLGames and will make its way into the ArcheAge. However, this process is not instant, the winner will receive the item once it is fully created and be credited for the design in the description. The winner will receive this costume for free, but it may be available via purchase for other players (even in other versions) in the future.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following conditions govern the course of the “Akasch Costume Contest” (“Contest”) as organized by gamigo US Inc., 350 Marine Park Way, Redwood City, CA, 94065, United States of America(“gamigo”).
Eligibility, Participants, and Participation
(1) Participation in the contest is free. Participants must be at least twelve years old. If the participant is under the age of eighteen, the parent or guardian must have given their consent to participate in the competition.
(2) “Participant” means anyone who is eligible to participate pursuant to paragraph 1 and who complies with the terms and conditions of participation set forth in these General Terms and Conditions between 04.09.2020 and 23.09.2020 23.59 UTC (“Participation Period”).
(3) The task of the competition is the independent creation of one or more images within the participation period (“Image”). The image must show a costume that deals with the topic “Akasch”. The image should show both the front and back of the costume. Other perspectives are also possible. The image can be drawn on paper or digitally. After the image is finished, the image must be uploaded within the participation period under the following link (“Entry”).
(4) There is no limit how many entries each participant may submit. Entries submitted outside of the participation period will not be considered.
(5) Employees of gamigo and companies associated with gamigo, as well as relatives thereof, are not allowed to participate.
(6) gamigo can present the images in social media, e.g. in the form of Twitter retweets (“Presentation”).
Winners and Prize
(1) gamigo will select a first, second, and third winner from all valid entries. The selection will be based on the criteria of artistry and aesthetics. The selection is at the sole discretion of gamigo. The “Winner” is the participant who submitted the image created.
(2) The first winner receives 10,000 credits. In addition, a costume for ArcheAge or ArcheAge: Unchained will be made from his entry (“Costume”), which the first winner will receive for free within one year after the first winner has been notified. The second winner will receive 5,000 credits, the third winner will receive 1,500 credits. All participants who are not winners will receive an “Admin’s Handmade Candy”.
(3) gamigo shall inform the winner of their prize within two weeks of the end of the competition by contacting them via the official forum (“Notification”). gamigo reserves the right to replace individual prizes with equivalent or higher prizes. The winner shall be announced on various social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, ArcheAge’s website, and forum (“Announcement”).
(4) In the notification, gamigo shall ask the winner to name the account to which the credits or the costume should be credited (“Response”). Answers which are received by gamigo late or not at all shall result in the loss of the right to the relevant prize.
(5) Cash payment and/or payment of the prize in physical goods as well as an exchange and/or transfer of the prizes to third parties are all excluded.
Rights of Use and Indemnity
(1) In order to participate in the contest, gamigo grants the participant the free, non-exclusive, revocable right to use the gamigo and Trion logo, the ArcheAge and ArcheAge Unchained title, and the ArcheAge characters to create the image.
(2) For the purposes of the presentation, the participant shall grant gamigo the free, non-exclusive, irrevocable right to use the respective image without any time and place restrictions. This includes the rights of exploitation and reproduction as well as the right to make the Image publicly accessible and to grant third parties rights of use insofar as this is necessary within the context of the presentation.
(3) The first winner grants gamigo the irrevocable, exclusive right to make a costume for the ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained from the submitted entry. The granting of rights shall include the right to use the costume created without any time and place restrictions. This includes in particular the right to make changes to the original entry, to commercially use the costume created, and the rights of public reproduction in particular. gamigo shall be entitled to license the aforementioned rights to third parties.
(4) By submitting the entry, the participant warrants that he has created the image himself, guarantee that this does not infringe the rights of third parties, and indemnifies gamigo against all claims by third parties arising from the infringement of third party rights in connection with the image.
(1) gamigo shall request, process and use the personal data provided by each participant (e.g. account names) in accordance with the applicable statutory data protection provisions and exclusively for the purpose of conducting the contest (this includes checking the right to participate and comply with the rules as well as notification and presentation)..
(2) The personal data collected will be stored for the duration of the contest and deleted after the contest has ended. The presentation, which for reasons of transparency is always kept permanently available for retrieval, will not be deleted within this period unless the respective winner requests otherwise. Insofar as the legal obligation to retain data provides for longer-term storage, the data in question will be deleted at the latest after this period and will only be processed for the purpose of fulfilling these retention obligations.
gamigo, its bodies, employees, and subcontractors are liable exclusively for wilful intent and gross negligence, regardless of legal basis, and in cases of ordinary negligence, only for the violation of essential contractual obligations and limited to foreseeable damages, as far as not precluded by other compulsory statutory provisions. These limitations do not apply to the loss of life, personal injury, or damage to health.
(1) The participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions with their entry.
(3) Should a participant infringe upon the rules during the execution of the contest, or such infringement be proven thereafter, their eligibility to participate may be revoked.
(4) gamigo reserves the right to end the contest before the end of the participation period, if for technical or legal reasons its proper execution cannot be guaranteed.
(5) These General Terms and Conditions have been drafted in German; the English and French translations are provided for convenience. Should the English or French versions have different content, the German version shall prevail.
(6) The contractual relationship is governed by German law to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the referral regulations of international private law. If the participant has as his usual domicile a location in another country within the European Union during the extent of the contest, the validity of the strictly applicable legal regulations of the country in question shall remain unaffected by the choice of law made in the prior sentence.
(7) In the event that any individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions become ineffective, the remaining provisions shall remain effective and binding. Statutory rules shall take the place of the ineffective provision.